I have written the following version of the Lord's Prayer from my inner gnosis after having contemplated the other available translations over some considerable amount of time. The problems which are inherent in translations from one language to another, the differences in the people and culture of Jesus' time from our current society and the way in which they would have understood certain sayings and words, and the fact that perhaps at least 40 years may have elapsed before the prayer Jesus taught His disciples had been recorded in written form, all suggest that the thought-forms and feelings which He had originally placed in the prayer may have been somewhat lost or altered, even in the original versions before translation. As I deeply contemplated upon this prayer over time, I continually asked for divine assistance in coming to a place of inner gnosis whereby I might FEEL this prayer as Jesus had intended for it to be felt. I believe I have now experienced the Lord's Prayer in that way.
I have chosen words which in my own vernacular seem to best invoke those feelings, while at the same time trying to keep to the general overall understanding imparted by the traditional translations. Hope this is of help to those of you who for whatever reason may have difficulty accessing the deeper feeling of the Lord's Prayer through the more traditional translations and versions of it. I have found that once I got the feeling of the Lord's Prayer through my own version of it, it then was possible to join in with others in more traditional versions and get the same feeling. The inability to gain that feeling initially through the more traditional versions of the prayer may well have been only my own personal problem, but I do believe if it was a problem for me, then it may well also be for others.
No comments:
Post a Comment